More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veterans
We are known for our compassionate, caring, and thoroughly professional staff, and we have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details.
Veteran Funeral Discount
Glenn and Lorie Addison, owners of Addison Funeral Home, are very grateful to all the men and women who have served in the various armed forces of the United States. When we serve a family whose loved one was a veteran we offer a free grave space for casketed burial in our Tranquility Oaks cemetery. This gives families the peace-of-mind that their loved one will forever be in a perpetual care cemetery maintained to the highest standards. Requirements and guidelines to receive this discount include the following: Addison Funeral Home must conduct the funeral of the veteran whether in our chapel, at the graveside, or at another location of the family's choosing (such as a church); the casket used must be purchased from Addison Funeral Home (our caskets begin at $895); and the outer burial container into which the casket is placed must also be purchased from Addison Funeral Home. Families will need to provide Form DD-214 documenting that the veteran was honorably discharged.
We take care of the details for you
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in arranging your veteran's final tribute. Addison Funeral Home can:
- Assist with completing applications for all veterans’ benefits including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of a Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer of the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, please call us at 281-350-0998.
Who is Eligible?
A veteran is eligible if he or she was honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those servicemen and women who may apply for and receive veterans' burial benefits with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, call us at 281-350-0998.