We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses cremation or burial, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved.
Veterans' Funeral Discount
Glenn and Lorie Addison, owners of Addison Funeral Home, are very grateful to all the men and women who have served in the various armed forces of the United States. God has been gracious to bless our business and we, in turn, want to be a blessing to each family we serve. We now, more than ever, go above and beyond when we serve a family whose loved one was a veteran by giving a grave space in our cemetery (Tranquility Oaks) for the burial of the veteran. Tranquility Oaks cemetery is approximately 4 miles north of Addison Funeral Home at 22302 Hildebrandt Road, Spring, Texas. This new Veterans Discount program gives families the peace-of-mind that their loved will forever be in a perpetual care cemetery maintained to the highest standards. We have some very simple requirements/guidelines as part of this discount that include: (1) Addison Funeral Home must do the funeral of the veteran whether in our chapel, at the graveside, or at another location of the family's choosing (such as a church), (2) the casket used must be purchased from Addison Funeral Home (our caskets begin at $895), and (3) the outer burial container, that the casket is placed in, must be purchased from Addison Funeral Home. We also require a document, such as a DD214, showing that the veteran was honorably discharged.
We are Proud to Honor Those Who Served
Without a doubt, our professional staff feels pride when we are able to care for a veteran and their family. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country.
We are committed to taking care of all the details involved in providing the veteran in your life with deeply meaningful and honoring ceremonies. Addison Funeral Home can:
- Assist in completing applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Coordinate necessary documentation provided by family to request honors
- Coordinate with national or state veterans’ cemeteries
You will receive:
- The professional services of Funeral Director and support staff
- Transfer the deceased and professional care
- Cremation services
- Use of our mortuary facilities and staff for a visitation or gathering
- A funeral or memorial ceremony
- Use of automotive equipment
- Online interactive memorial website
- Additional personalization options, including specialized engraving, a moving tribute video
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Who is Eligible?
In short, the veteran must have been honorably discharged. A more detailed list of those service men and women who may apply for, and receive veterans' burial benefits, with full military honors if they choose would include:
- Military members on active duty or in the Selected Reserve
- Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the Selected Reserve and departed under conditions other than dishonorable
- Former military members discharged from the Selected Reserve due to a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, or that of a family member, call us at (281) 350-0998. If you have any questions about your eligibility or that of a family member, contact the staff of one of our locations or send us an email using our contact form.